September 5, 2012

Found my fortitude

Yesterday was a difficult day, because I had to confront something within myself and then believe in a decision I'd made. I also had to share this decision with someone who I knew would be disappointed.

What I need to realize is that while some decisions are permanent -- like a tattoo -- others are not. This one is ... well, it doesn't have to be permanent. I can change my mind. I can admit to a mistake, if it turns out to be a mistake. Or I can celebrate my decision if it turns out, in fact, to have been the right one.


An important lesson I've learned over the past couple of years is that my life truly can be what I make of it. (I'm a little late to this party, but better late than never, as they say.)

What I choose to make of my life right now is this: being an author who creates stories that entertain and amuse. I'm having such a good time writing, I can't wait to share the next story in The Pandora Chronicles.


No comments:

Post a Comment