September 10, 2012

What kind of reader ARE you?

The Atlanic and I want to know. Check out the article here and the super-fun addendum here, then post your answer below.

Me? I'm definitely The Muli-Tasker. I'm always reading more than one book at a time. Usually it's a non-fiction book plus a fiction book, but sometimes I double up with non-fiction/non-fiction and fiction/fiction. Right now, it's "A Moveable Feast" and "Romeo and Juliet" -- time for the classics.

(I'm not ashamed to admit that I've read "R&J" probably a dozen times, and I simply never get tired of the language. While I haven't read all of Shakespeare's plays, I can say that as corny as it is, "R&J" is right up near the top of my list. I mean, come on, people ..."But soft. What light through yonder window breaks? It is the East, and Juliet is the sun. / Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, / Who is already sick and pale with grief / That thou her maid are far more fair than she.")

I often read one book on my commute into work, and a different one on my way home from the gym at night. The only problem with reading on the subway is that -- it's true -- I've been known to cry and not realize I'm doing it. Like when I was reading "Persepolis" and got to that part ... well, if you've read it, you know which part.

So ... What kind of reader are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment