October 6, 2012

Forget TV. Make your own movie.

What I love about reading is the way my mind creates the scenes as they unfold in the story. It's such a creative and stimulating process; reading activates the brain in such a way that as I read, I become even more creative. Cool, right?

I'm not knocking TV -- I've watched my fair share, although I don't watch TV at all anymore. (A digression here: Life is so much better for me without TV. Give it a try. Turn it off for 2 days and let me know via a comment if you think your stress level has gone down without the TV on.)

Reading, for me, is where it's at. I love that we all have the ability to create mini movies for the mind every time we read a book. Or Kindle book, as the case may be.

Make your own mini movie in your mind today. Read story 1 of The Pandora Chronicles, Pandora, on Amazon Kindle (or any of their bazillion apps!). Dive into the world of Hope and Jake and create the near-future city in your own mind's eye. What does it look like to you? What does it smell like? Sound like? Share your thoughts via a review, too. I'd appreciate the feedback.

OK, back to plotting story number 4 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment