December 3, 2012

Fireworks on Monday? Why not?!

It's a gorgeous Monday here in NYC. Sure doesn't feel like December, since it's about 60 degrees.

Some people have asked me why I'm not trying to get my works published via the traditional publishing route.

I have a simple answer for that: I don't have time.

I want to write and then share what I write with readers like you. If I waited for a traditional publisher to discover me ... well, it could happen (and it still might), but that industry is so complex, I wouldn't have any idea how to navigate it.

And there's another reason, which I wrote about a few days ago. I love being part of the digital publishing revolution. The Internet has opened doors to self-publishing, so even by writing and publishing this blog post I'm doing something that couldn't have happened before the WWW.

How are you a part of the digital publishing revolution?
  • Do you read books by self-published authors? 
  • Do you read individuals' blogs? 
  • Do you write a blog or eBooks, yourself?
Then yes, you are part of the revolution!

Lots of people are now able to share the beauty and creativity they have inside. Thinking about that reminded me of Katy Perry's song, "Firework." Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment