November 29, 2012

5 reasons I like writing "Pandora"


I am really enjoying writing The Pandora Chronicles. Here are my top 5 reasons, in Dave Letterman-style order.

Number 5: I'm having great fun incorporating the science I read about every day where I work (at a major medical center) and twisting it into a futuristic vision.

Number 4: Designing the landscape of Arcadia and the suburbs makes me feel like an architect.

Number 3: Writing the action scenes is like watching an action movie over and over again in my head, and I can make the characters do anything I want -- at just the right moments to heighten the tension.

Number 2: It's exciting for me to know the ending and then decide exactly how I want to get there.

And the number 1 reason I enjoy writing The Pandora Chronicles: Writing the character of Hope is allowing me to explore some deep emotions, like grief and determination.

Are you having fun reading The Pandora Chronicles? We learned something BIG in story 4, Blood Line Zero. Story 5 -- not yet named -- takes it to the next level. Can't wait to share it with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment