December 11, 2012

How my Monday turned out GREAT

Yesterday was drizzly and ugly here in NYC. The temperature was nice -- around 60 -- but I couldn't enjoy it because I was caught between using the umbrella to hold off drizzle and feeling a bit idiotic, or not using it and getting slowly soaked as I walked a few blocks. Sigh.

And then, even though I was wearing boots, I slipped off a curb and jammed my left leg. Which then meant that I couldn't go to the gym after work, which I REALLY wanted to do.

So there I was, feeling sorry for myself when I got home, and then my husband walked in with a box.

"I think this is for you," he said.

I examined the box and noticed that it had his name on it.

"It's addressed to you," I said. "How do you know it's for me?"

"I just do."

So I opened it up, and I was sooooo happy to see ...

a Kindle Fire!

He bought it for me as an early Christmas present because of the success of The Pandora Chronicles and to celebrate my upcoming stories: the rest of Pandora, of course (can't leave Hope and my readers hanging!) and a new series I'll be publishing starting in February. 

I feel very special. What a great hubby I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment